Friday 8 July 2011

Crazy patriotism?

South African flag in my office
We live in a specific place and specific time in history that brings many challenges! We have lots to be proud of here in South Africa! But when you have children, you have to think again about the place of their upbringing and if they will have a future in that place...

We have great Madiba (Nelson Mandela) that taught us so many things about forgiveness and living for the larger purpose. Mandela Day is upcoming next Monday where he asks of us to contribute 67 minutes towards each other for the greater good of everybody!
That is something to be very proud of! Yes!

What are you going to be doing? We have something planned here at our offices... (I will let you know!)

The fact that we are still here and that we are bringing up our children here, say something about our love for our country and the diversity that we found ourselves in! There are challenges, but there are hope! We hate to see our families go overseas to try to make a living! There is nothing that beats being with your own people and own culture and growing up as a family.

I have hope! Always!

I am linking up with Kristi at Live and Love Out Loud and her Crazy Days of Summer theme which this week is Patriotism! They had their 4th of July there!
Crazy Days of Summer

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. That's so wonderful that so many will be spending time doing something for others. I agree that it's nice to live around your family and the people you grew up with. I still live in my home town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still have to think what I will do - nto much time left...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be overseeing people that will be coming to do their 67 minutes at the Mission.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I just love Nelson Mandela and everything he stands for. You're the first non-American blogger in the link up to share about your country and I'm so glad that you joined us. :)
    Thanks for joining Alicia and I for the Crazy Days of Summer Photo Challenge. I hope you'll join us again next week when we tackle a new theme, critters. (Eek! I hate bugs. lol) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing about other people's countries and their patriotism. No country is perfect, but we all have things to feel proud of--particularly the wonderful people, friends, and family who surround us. 67 minutes...such an interesting amount of time. Is there more history behind that number?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is wonderful to have a sense of patriotism. When a country stands behind you it is only fair you stand behind it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs