|Mickey and the Roadster Racers logo|
Mickey and the Roadster Racers is coming to Disney Junior, with the premiere on Saturday, 22 April at 9:30 am, DStv Channel 309.
It is a a madcap car-racing adventure series for pre-schoolers led by Disney's No. 1 star, Mickey Mouse, and his pals Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Daisy and Donald.
The series takes Mickey and the gang, along with their unique transforming vehicles, on humorous high-spirited races around the globe, as well as hometown capers in Hot Dog Hills. Off the racetrack, Minnie and Daisy also run their own successful business as Happy Helpers, solving problems for anyone in need of a helping hand. Geared towards kids 2-7, the stories are designed to impart social and emotional lessons about friendship, teamwork, optimism and good sportsmanship.We were invited to a special screening on Saturday of Mickey and the Roadster Racers. Little Miss is already 8 years, but she enjoyed the four episodes just as much as the rest. She was quite bummed when the last episode got stuck, and we were told to catch the last bit on Disney Junior. (It's too long to wait! ;-) )
Some fun facts about the vehicles in Mickey and the Roadster Racers
All of the transforming vehicles in Mickey and the Roadster Racers are inspired by the characters' personalities.
- Mickey, being a classic character, drives a classic American hot rod – the Hot Dog Hot Rod.
- Minnie's car, Pink Thunder, is a 1930s French inspired car – it looks like a bow and was inspired by Delahaye.
- Goofy - being Goofy - drives a car made out of a bathtub called the Turbo Tubster.
- As Donald Duck is a sailor, his vehicle is a cabin cruiser – the only vehicle that can go on both land and water.
- Since Daisy loves flowers, her car is a Snap Dragon dragster.
All of the numbers on the Mickey and the Roadster Racers cars have a significance to each driver.
- Mickey has the number 28 on his car for the year of his debut in Steamboat Willie.
- Goofy's car has the number 8 which refers to the that Goofy is always behind the 8 ball.
- Daisy picked the number 4 in honor of her four friends – Minnie, Mickey, Donald and Goofy.
- Donald's car sports the number 3 - referring to the Three Caballeros, which Donald is proudly one of.
- The number 89 was picked for Minnie's car to represent that it has been 89 years since she was created.
- Pete's car is number 9 which is a reference to the nine lives of a cat.
For more info:
|Stunning spread at Mickey and the Roadster Racers screening|
|Minnie gets the photo op|
|Making her own Roadster Racer - this was a hit!|