It flew by, but it was lovely. As always when you have a long weekend... (Sic! Sorry, it must seem so boring...)
It feels like we did not do something major, like climbing mountains or going away camping or on holiday, but we had a great time.
In these little moments we are making great memories, and I want to record some of these special times. To not Rest-In-Peace "RIP", but to Rest-In-Memories "RIM".
It was a bit of a cold weekend (Yes, Sis, we are really cold here, although you do not believe us sitting there in London! ;-) )
- But we could make our potjie (stew) outside on Thursday!
|(The dog was not part of the potjie...|
She enjoyed the sun and sitting on our laps)
- I had a special day with the two girls going shopping on Friday.
We went in search of tekkies for the youngest, and it seems she is just as full of whims as the eldest about her choice of clothes. I think next time I will just buy the needed item of clothing and put it in her cupboard. I does not help asking her what she wants, because it is almost 100% totally impracticable and unwearable or way too expensive!
- We took the youngest to the movie Brave with Princess Merida on Friday evening. I thought it was a bit of a dark plot, but loved the message portrayed in the movie of girls making up their own minds about their own destiny. The Toddler also wore her 3D glasses for most part of the movie, and it seems she enjoyed it more than I would have thought. There was no nightmares afterwards. The dark forest and the bears did not have a negative impact!
- We had a children's party on Saturday. I am beginning to get used to it, because it is just such fun for the little ones!
- It was our turn to drive back to university, and the little one said she misses her sister, and she should not stay away for very long!
Luckily, the student gets a ride every weekend to come back home!
|Walking back with her suitcase on the right|
- See you next weekend, Weekend!