During the holidays I saw some dust bunnies lurking around... The first time I became aware of them was when I was at varsity. We were supposed to clean our own rooms in the dormitories... Guess there was also much more pressing matters then that occupied our time!
There are 5 ways to slay the dust bunnies (short of actually cleaning):
- IGNORE! One of my best tactics with regards household chores! I can definitely recommend it!
- HIDE! A throw, for example, over the coach/bed helps to hide the dust bunnies underneath.
- CANDLES! When you get visitors, dim most of the lights and place a few candles. (You also save on electricity.)
- PICK UP THE LARGE DUST BUNNIES AND THROW THEM IN THE DUSTBIN. When they have grown large enough, it is easy to pick up when you pass a corner and they come scurrying out.
- TODDLER CRAWL- GAME. I haven’t tried this one yet, but I will definitely instigate the game next time when I see a dust bunny peering from somewhere. Make sure the toddler is covered in old/long-sleeve clothes! Ask her to retrieve a ball / doll / sweet (if the previous two options do not work) while crawling on all fours.
(Graphic: Microsoft clip art: bunny)