|Yesterday morning at day care - you showed me your class.|
|Waiting for us yesterday afternoon at the day care...|
Tanya Kovarski at Dear Max did a post to her little one about the ten things she loves about him. It is a lovely idea, and I think we can do it more often. Because they get cuter and more lovable by the minute!
(Sic. Yes, they do!)
10 things I love about you, Mieka:
- Your face that lits up when you see us! That is immeasurably precious every time we pick you up from day care, or any other place...
- The cute Mieka personality that is developing: A real girl who loves playing with dolls, but also really enjoys drawing and painting and reading. A Lot!
- I love your excitement about little things, such as smelling flowers, or looking at insects. We see the World again in a fresh new light through your eyes.
- Waking up with you in the mornings, when you say “Hello, Pappa! Hello, Mamma!” It doesn’t matter that we wanted to sleep a bit more when we hear the little voice...
- Your kisses! You smother us with kisses, and wrap your arms around us. Sometimes for no apparent reason!
- I love dressing you in pink girly dresses, and you love looking at yourself in the mirror.
- I love it when you earnestly try to tell us something, and the face and the hands looks at us with so much expectancy... ( “Do you understand me, Mama?”)
- I love how you can nestle a bit closer to us when we tell you a story, or you lay your head on our chests when reading a book.
- I love your language skills developing, and how you put together words! (I must remind myself to write it down, because we are going to forget!)
- I love the fact that you think we are great! We think you are fabulous as well!