It hits even harder when somebody close to home gets diagnosed!
There is the intitial responses of denial, depression, anger and ...
But I have been thinking: What would I do when I get diagnosed? (And now I am not thinking about the obvious things like healthy eating or brain exercises or...etc.)
I have also not researched the topic. (I definitely do not want to step on any toes. I get that this is very serious!)
5 things that I will do when I get diagnosed:
1. Buy the purple hat and wear it every single day.
2. Work on my memory boards. Thinking of colourful collages.
3. Finally gets to use the word "thing" as much as I want! "The thing around the thing where we have seen that other thing, you know what I mean?"
4. Drink coconut oil (or the cure of the moment). All the time!
5. Say "F*ck you, Dementia! I will prove you wrong!" and then living accordingly!
Dementia, I am showing you the middle finger already!!