Thursday 7 October 2010

A year ago Thursday Blog Hop - Why go vertical?

Thursday Blog Hops

I am taking part in Mommy Only has Two Hands A Year Ago Thursday Blog Hop.
Check out the rules on Mommy Only has Two Hands. The other two hosts are From PDX With Love and Wyatt Family Farm.

Going down memory lane - a year ago today. It is nice to see how far we have come...

I went back to last year's blog post on 7 October 2009. A year ago we were worried about our baby starting to walk while she did not crawl first. She only did the bum-shuffle or the crab creep. She was nearly ten months old. She finally walked at 13 months, skipping the crawl!

Why go vertical when you can go horizontal?

Mieka has not started to crawl yet, and it seems she is not going to. All she wants to do at this stage is walk, with us having to walk with her. She also enjoys the walking ring, but her favourite way of moving around now is walking while being held. Whenever we put her down on her stomach, she freezes in the position, with her arms straight, and complains. She only stops when we pull her up again. How do you get a baby to crawl, when she wants to walk already? I can imagine years of extra maths classes because she has skipped the important crawling phase in her development… Why worry? We will deal with that later! Now we are the enablers in her horizontal quest! I think she is super intelligent, and does not need to go through all the phases.
(Says the proud mom wink-wink)
Overrated, the crawling thing, I say now! We are dealing with the crawling in the little gymnastics. There are better things to worry about...

4 comments:

  1. The physio told me that if they didn't crawl, you can get them later to play crawling games, like obstacle courses and playing they are dogs/elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh. All kids are different. Some just don't bother with crawling and go straight to walking.

    What a nice idea - going back a year ago each Thursday! Of course, I can tell you a year ago today I *started* my blog, so I could do this only now! (Would never remember otherwise.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH!! What a great post to share for this meme. Yea I have heard a lot of babies skip the whole crawling thing. Why go horizontal when you can go vertical. Crazy. But so cute!!

    Thanks for joining in the fun!! Sofia and Tiffany will be by soon to follow you and comment.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining the hop. I am following you.

    My daughter went from tummy time to walking, I dont think she crawled much at all

    Tiffany @ Wyatt Family Farm

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs