As soon as we start to think that the toddler has a sleeping routine and that she is sleeping right through, everything changes!
Most recent sleep stories:
- I sit with little Missy Toddler in her room, reading a book, and then breastfeeding her until she falls asleep.
- I try to put her in her bed.
- The legs start kicking, and she arches her back. (Swear-worthy moments!)
- In the end she ends up in our bed – for the whole night!
- I am much smarter now. I start the bedtime routine in our bed, and as soon as she is asleep, I carry her to her bed. (I think I have a 10% success rate at the moment. Sigh!)
- Hubby usually takes over at nine when I struggle to get her to sleep (from half past seven or eight at night). I miss him terribly tonight – he is not here, and I was not able to do anything else! (How do the single moms cope? I know, I ask this on a regular basis. You rock, single moms!)
- I do not have a problem with our toddler sleeping with us. But it is extremely uncomfortable hanging for dear life on the side of the bed, usually with only half or a fraction of the blankets covering us. The rest she kicks off as soon as we place it over her!
- Last night was extremely taxing. At one in the morning we were taking her temperature. Yes, she had a bit of a fever, and we had to put in a suppository. The tenth day flu/fever after the MMR injection?
- My most favourite wish at the moment – to sleep, and sleep, and SLEEEEEP!
- I know we will experience this most wonderful, precious gift of sleep somewhere in the future! Hang in there, Powerwoman!
(Photo: Mieka at the hockey game on Saturday where the teen played at her school.)