Sunday 2 May 2010

Divorces lead to funny stories


Each year when we tick off another anniversary, I always think back and compare my previous life to what I have now. It is of course way way better!


I had a previous life (it feels like a reincarnated life, so far removed it is from us now), which ended in divorce. It was one of the most awful and traumatic times of my life! It was as bad, no! - Even worse – for my daughter! For years she blamed me for the split, and wished we were just a whole family again. I know that is the wish of all kids who are impacted by divorce! Now the teen understands what it was all about, and she herself has put down a few rules with regards her own dad...


I had great friends who stood by me during the difficult times. (I will always be grateful to them!) Two of my friends who had two boys came to visit us after we moved into a flat on the third floor of a block of flats. The boys were extremely impressed with the stairs in the building. They were playing on the stairs for the duration of the visit. They were even sad to leave...


On the way home they asked their mother when they are going to get divorced.


Shocked, my friend asked them why they wanted them to get a divorce.


Because they wanted to stay in a flat as well where there are stairs...


My friend’s husband was, of course, not impressed at all! Not at all!

3 comments:

  1. gotta love the innocence of children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is hysterical! Can you imagine the shock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny! As someone just embarking on the divorce process, I'm hoping mine leads to more funny stories than painful ones. I also hope I look back one day and think how much better my life is than it once was.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs