|Bag of necessities - Letibalm, Natura Tissue Salts and Tissues|
How to cope with exams - for Moms
1. Step back and laugh
A friend gave me this wonderful book by the Dalai Lama, An Appeal to the World. I love his inspirational outlook on life. I keep on coming back to it. What I am taking away is how much time he spends on meditating and on laughing. This man is 80 years old, and he is going strong.
We can step back, take time-out and make time for laughing. Even during exams. We can also give responsibility back to the kids. We can help, but we don't have to hover... (Remember this!)
|Dalai Lama - An Appeal to the World|
2. Honey, Lemon & Ginger RemedyLetibalm sent me a blog drop a while ago which includes this wonderful natural remedy for combating Colds and Flu. This is a great booster for all in the family. We try to drink a cup each night. We are adding the occasional cinnamon and sometimes also with a rooibos tea. This adds extra nutrients necessary for brain food, and keeping all the germs at bay. The infusion apparently keeps for two months in the fridge, but ours is definitely not going to last that long. It's a great drink.
|Lemon slices, sliced ginger and a cup of honey in layers - infused for 12 hours|
3. Bag of everything necessities
I have a handbag full of bags, but these are some of my favourite things to carry around during exams: (See picture of my bag of sh*t above)
- Natura Biochemic Tissue Salts - No 6 (Anxiety and Nervous Disorders)
This works for me. It also helps Miss Fine on exam days. I have the book by Margaret Roberts, Tissue Salts for Healthy Living, on my Kindle. This has been a great find.
- Letibalm - The only balm that cares for skin, nose and the skin in between. They are still part of my 5 most favourite handbag necessities. Miss Fine has the Letibalm paediatric balm in her stationery bag going with her to the exams. It's a lifesaver, all-around. Check out winter skincare for nose and lips on Ivohealth.
- Clicks on-the-go wallet tissues. Ever since I found these on Dischem's shelves, I cannot go without them. Each month I make use of the 3-for-2 saving to make sure that we do not run out of it.
- Stationery - a trusty pen is always needed. This one I got from the SANBS for giving them some blood.
How do you cope with exams?
How do moms do exams?
Disclaimer: I got a blog drop from Letibalm with the balms, as well as the jar with ingredients for the Honey, lemon and ginger remedy. I got the Bag for Stuff ;-) from the Kids Living launch.
I was not paid to write this blog post.