You know it is going to be hectic, but you don’t know how much. Toddlers are extremely busy!
Taking a toddler to work really need some multitasking. Luckily we had a party and some rugby on for the day...
I had to think of a lot of stuff for a toddler to do in the enclosed space of a studio:
- Making a “tent “with a chair, a blanket and a jacket.
- Clearing my desk so she can swing underneath.
- Going on an "expedition" to the coffee shop.
- Going on an "expedition" to the toilets.
- Playing with my Peanuts figurines in my office.
- Lots of paper and crayons.
- Giving her my BlackBerry so she can colour in. It involves a colour switch every five seconds which I had to help her with!
- Lots of snacks to keep her busy for five... seconds!
- Making a bed underneath the desk. She spent a few second there as well!
- Pressing all the buttons in my studio.
- Giving her the t-shirt hanging n my wall as she insisted on wearing it (the 3rd outfit for the day)
- Playing with the water dispenser and getting herself wet.
I was totally beat after that! And Missy had a good sleep in the car on the way home...
What do you do to keep the children occupied at the office?
Photo: Mieka in my office with Springbok headgear (Rugby World Cup fever while we were still in the game)