I totally agree when I compare it with my younger self, and I hear the complaints of younger mothers around me...
I though of a few reasons why I am happier now being an older mother:
- I am now happier with my personal life than in my twenties! I had to make a few changes (divorce etc.), but I am now contented with my life!
- I have a partner who helps and does his share!
- I enjoy my career!
- I have gotten rid of a lot of negativity, and I do not entertain toxic people!
- I haven’t completed my bucket list, but it does not bother me!
- I take responsibility for my life as it is now.
- I see the little one as a blessing in our lives!
- I see parenting now as the ultimate goal of my life! I know it is not going to last, and before long she will also leave the nest! (My teen is leaving the nest next year)
- I am enjoying parenting as much as possible!
- We are more able to provide financially for the little one than we were young!
What do you think about the statement?
Older moms are happier than younger moms?