The worst time of the day with regards to snacks is when we arrive home at half past four, and the toddler is hungry and miserable. Then it is very easy for a working mother to give in to the demand of an instant unhealthy snack.
I was thinking that it would be nice to have a list available to take to the shops, and always make sure that I have the following in my cupboard/fridge. (I use most of CodeNameMama’s suggestions as well)
SHOPPING LIST FOR HEALTHY SNACKS
- Plain yogurt/tatziki
- Avocados (can be cut into bite-size pieces as well – my toddler loves it!)
- Fruit (apples, pears, bananas, oranges, etc. – that can be cut into bite-size pieces)
- Raisins, dried berries
- Dried fruit
- Nuts (when they are able to chew it)
- Vegetables (raw – carrots, cucumbers, small tomatoes, etc. – that can be cut into bite-size pieces)
- Frozen peas (only takes three minutes to prepare)
- Frozen corn / corn on the cob
- Chick peas (in the can)
What did I forget to include on my list?