Monday 5 July 2010

The Teen is seventeen


Arnia at uShaka Marine World

Seventeen years! As quick as a blink! Time has flown by so quickly.


That’s why I know to enjoy every little second with the toddler! We miss all the sweet cuteness when they turn into young ladies. (They are not sweet and cute! Other things, definitely! Tongue-in-cheek!)

At seventeen she is a young lady! Beautiful and full of exciting potential! I am very proud of her.

Happy birthday, Arnia! You are a great daughter, and wonderful person to know! Thanks for being such a responsible and wise young lady.

Seventeen years ago I was super excited to meet you! I remember the first time I saw you. I was totally mesmerised with the sweet little face that also seemed so familiar. All the well-known family features looking up at me. Love at first sight!

You were a constant joy growing up! You took everything in your stride! But you were very adventurous as well! I enjoyed your independence and self-reliance from a very young age. So different from me...

It is very nice to know you! Happy BDay, my girl! Enjoy your day, and the next year of being seventeen! Such a wonderful time in a person’s life!

(If we could all stay seventeen... *sigh*)

Related posts:

The secret lives of teens

Teen in love

Tursday and the teen/toddler

Teen blues

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. I can clearly see in this picture that she takes after you! I still have some time with my daughters (if all goes well) but they do grow up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Arnia. You are beautiful - inside and out. Keep that level head, and reach for the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Arnia! You are the most amazing young lady and we love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogger is not publishing some of the comments. Very frustrating. Sorry if you don't see your comments getting published!
    It's not me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am struggling to publish the comments today. Blogger is eating it all!
    Sorry if you don't see your comments appearing - it's not me! %-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs