Thursday 24 March 2011

Advice to a teen going on a Paris/London tour

It has finally arrived. The Teen is nearly on her way to Paris and London. The excitement has finally caught on, and we are super excited with her! It is going to be the best ever holiday!


As a mom I am a bit (a lot, actually!!) worried, and I am thinking of all the things I should tell/warn my daughter before she goes.

I got some advice on Tuesday’s post, as well as on Twitter:

Ronel (my sister):
  • Don't spend all your time overseas in shops, but walk, walk, walk and see all the sights and don't wait for another time.
  • Take lots of photos!
  • Take time to chat with the locals.
  • Hear the sounds and listen to the music.
  • You can sleep when back home again.
  • Enjoy!!
@Mauruschka:
  • Don’t take a red rose flower from a young French guy or any person… they target people and then…just tell her not to take it (Apparently it is not urban legend, but reality. I had to ask.)
  • When someone offers you a bracelet, say no, even if they offer it for free, say no!
My own advice:
  • Be always aware of the surroundings, and do not go where it feels unsafe. Gut feelings should never be underestimated!
  • Also to stay in groups, or in pairs! Always let someone know where you are.
  • Do not try to buy stuff for everybody, but rather spend money on experiences and places to see. Buy something special for yourself!

A colleague's suggestion:
  •  Do not drink too much cooldrink/bubbly (hope not!) in the plane, but rather stay with water. It helps against jet-lag!
I hope we’ve got it covered?

My best wishes are going with you, Arnia, and we will miss you!

Love, Mom!

4 comments:

  1. My tip - give her something to calm her down so she can sleep on the plane.

    And stay with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping your daughter has a fab holiday.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy each and every moment as it comes. This is a fantastic opportunity that not many of us will ever have. Do as you wish, when you wish.
    Bring a map.
    Bring a high end walking shoe, you'll need it.
    Take a gazillion pictures.
    Email your mom EVERY day. ( take it from me, you'll be sorry if you don't ha ha )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously? Do they do this? Go so far away from home?

    I battle with cricket matches played away *blush*

    Its going to be awesome for her though :)

    My advise - take LOTS of pictures, buy something unique to that place (check its not made in China cos then we probably get it here :-p) and order something different to eat!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs