Little Miss is already 7 years old, but I can see that she is going to use it for at least two more years.
She is enjoying the watch feature while at school, and because we have set the time features, the virtual pet only comes alive after school and over weekends!
Little Miss has been wearing it for over a week now.
This is what we love about the LeapBand
- It is both a watch and a wristband tracker!
- Kids run, jump and play to earn rewards and power a customizable pet pal that lives on the band. (The pet pal makes me think of a the Tamagotchi's of the 80's and 90's, although it looks much cuter!)
- For parents, the controls on LeapFrog Connect make it easy to set play times, challenges and more.
- This is a very cool birthday or Christmas present which won't break the bank!
How it works:
- The more kids run, jump and play, the more they earn rewards to power a pet pal that lives on the band.
- Parents can pre-load 50 active challenges on the LeapBand to get kids moving, such as “pounce like a lion”, “march like an elephant” and “wriggle like a worm”.
- There are 8 virtual pets for children to choose from. The more they unlock joules, the more pet pals they can choose from.
- Parents can set up the LeapBand by connecting it to their computer, cellphone or laptop using a USB cable and downloading the LeapFrog Connect application.
- Once the child has unlocked all the pets, the app allows parents to see their child’s activity level for an entire week.
- The LeapBand can be charged via the USB cable, either through a computer or a USB wall charger.
- The onscreen pet changes colour to reflect your child’s activity level. The feature allows kids to instantly view their progress.
- Kids can also see how many joules (jewels) they've earned and this encourages them to complete activity challenges to unlock new pets.
Available at ToyZone, Pick n Pay, Toys r us and Reggies stores countrywide. RSP: R399.99
For more information go to Prima Toys
Disclaimer: Little Miss got a green LeapBand
One lucky reader can win one of these.
Unfortunately only open to South African readers of the blog.
The giveaway will close on 12 am 29 June 2016
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Congrats to RIAZ!!