Friday 25 June 2010

The joys of breastfeeding a toddler

Dionna at Code Name Mama asked me to write a guest post about the joys of breastfeeding a toddler. Please check it out.
She is “publishing a series of posts dedicated to the beauty of nursing toddlers in an effort to normalize this healthy and beneficial nursing relationship.”

She and Paige of Baby Dust Diaries are now running a Carnival of Breastfeeding in Public. The closing date is the 30th of June 2010, next week. The requirements are very easy. I will be taking part in some way! (I have to now! Thanks, Dionna! Wink smile)

The past week we have been on holiday and the toddler was not as impressed with the beach as we hoped she would be! She got comfort from breastfeeding right there on the beach, and fell asleep each time. I have noticed that when I do not make a big deal about it, and just latch her, nobody even noticed. But I did try to keep a blanket ready to cover up if necessary. It is actually so unnecessary to have to feel a bit apprehensive about feeding and comforting your own child...

Related posts:

Breastfeeding and Booby traps
Breastfeeding the toddler: positives and negatives
Breastfeeding blues
Expressions and lactations

1 comment:

  1. I was never comfy feeding in public - certainly not tandem feeding twins (a sight,. I tell you)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs