The toddler announced around every corner or sound: “Pappa!”
- Going down the steps for breakfast (she is used to seeing him busy making breakfast in the mornings).
- Opening up the garage door.
- The sound of cars driving past in the complex.
- Undressing her for her bath, and she running to the bathroom.
- Footsteps down the stairs.
- The sound of a door opening.
She exclaims: “Pappa!”, and looks at u with enquiring eyes! Then we tell her he is working, and that he will be back. But we are not sure that she understands us...
We missed him too... It feels like everything is out of zinc when he is not here. Nobody to help with the toddler. Nobody to make us wonderful food. (He is by far the best chef in our valley!) Nobody to tell about our day. Nobody to share a glass of wine with. Or to watch our favourite tv show V together...
We missed you, Dries!
(And now he is going way for the weekend as well! Sad face here! )