(I blame it as the main culprit for my BlackBerry going on a strike...)
But it's been difficult:
- I get hit by a twinge of regret every time I do not sign in.
- I feel as I am neglecting a social duty or something.
- It feels as if I am letting my "friends on foursquare" down.
- I get totally uptight when I get a notification that I have lost my mayorship, and I can't rectify my status!
- I love working towards the goal of mayorship or a badge! Now I am extremely sad that I would not be able to work towards another "goal".
I recognise the danger signals...
Everybody around me looks at me with a frown when I insist to sign in at a place.
(They just don't get it!)
I am the forever optimist that believes in the concept of foursquare, but is seems in Africa it is still going to take a
In the meantime...
Points for myself that I will not be left in limbo for not being able to sign in:
- I have never received a discount or special on anything with any sign-in.
- I can vent my frustration at bad service on other social media platforms.
- Mayorships and badges does not really count for anything. I cannot put it on my CV.
- My BlackBerry works perfectly without it.
- Most of my friends are not on foursquare. I can still connect with them in real life!
- I do not have to walk around in shops or restaurants trying to sign in with bad reception signals, and frustrating my friends and family...
- I can relax. There is nothing I have to do!
Do you still use foursquare?