Unfortunately (fortunately?) no daughter-in-laws for me...
MIL good books' list:
- Makes my daughters happy! (Very important!)
- Makes their children happy!
- Do their share with regards parenting and the household at their place!
- Compliments. Any, but specifically about how well I have raised my kids.
Also about how good/nutritious/healthy/tasty my food is! (Just a bonus! ;-))
- Love my interactions with, and give plenty of opportunity for me to look after my grandchildren.
- Invites me regularly for a visit, or an outing. Going to a restaurant count as an outing as well.
- Welcomes any invitations for a visit to my place.
- Helps with DIY issues at my place.
- Keep me in the loop with what is happening in their lives. (On the flip side: I should make sure that I stay interested in their lives!)
I hope that my own health and the head will stay compos mentis for me to enjoy the next phase, which is still a few years (decades with number two) on the horizon.
What would make you give extra bonus points to the son- and daughter-in-laws?
Disclaimer: This has nothing to do with my own MIL, or the MM.