|Prospan Cough Syrup|
Apparently, summer comes with it's own challenges. That's why we are still struggling with runny noses and coughing at night. There's nothing more exasperating than those coughs that keeps a Little Miss awake! You would think that the heat and bright summer days would chase away all the bugs and that we would get a breather from the winter. But, no! We are struggling to put her to bed at night...
(Which means we do not get a wind-down time at night before going to bed ourselves! Which means we, the parents, are also more tired that usual!)
Prospan sent me a goody package, as well as the same giveaway package to give to one reader!
Some tips on how to treat a summer cough...
How to treat a summer cough
(To prevent it from worsening into a bacterial infection)
1. Treat it sooner rather than later! Bed-rest does not happen as easily as in winter, but try to get more of it, and even taking a day!
2. Prevention is better! Get rid of dust mites which increases in summer: Clean bookshelves, corners and other places more thoroughly. Wash bedding, rugs and curtains in hot water to get rid of dust mites and other possible allergens. If you are lucky enough to have an air-conditioner, keep the humidity in the house between 30% and 50% and by keeping your doors and windows close. An air purifier is also a good option.
3. Astma, sinusitus or hay fever sufferers should check the pollen levels, especially when planning a getaway, as you could end up with an uncomfortable cough! Change the destination, or take extra precaution with your medicine kit.
4. When you are stuck with the cough already, drink plenty of fluids. This prevents dehydration, maintains fluids and eases a sore throat!
5. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables to help fight the symptoms and build up immunity!
7. Visit the doctor when the cough persists!
Check out Prospan if you want to know more about the healing properties.
|Prospan goodie bag|
I have one bag of Prospan goodies to give away. It consists of:
- 2 Prospan cough syrups
- 3 in one FROG activity book
- 1 packet of coloured crayons
- 2 lollipops
- 1 Nestle Chocolate Aero Peppermint (Of course it helps for any cough ;-) )
- Only open to South African residents.
- This giveaway will run from 8 November 2017 13:00 until 15 November 2017 at 13:00.
- The winner will be decided by Random.org.
- If you have won in the previous 3 months, you will not be eligible for this giveaway.
This competition is now closed!
Congrats to Anthea who is the lucky winner!