Thursday 23 November 2017

5 Lists to survive the upcoming holiday Season

List making
The End-of-Year rush and busyness come with a lot of stress. Although December is a time to love, it is also a time of upheaval and being out of your comfort zone! You know it's near the end of the year, and there is some sort of overwhelm! It's holiday or no holiday! It's family time and friends' time! There's preparations, and sorting out some of the stuff that had been put on the back burner during the year.

I have a permanent feeling of anxiety, and when I try to pin-point the exact reason for it, it's not only one thing. The dietician told me this morning that "stress" is the number one complaint she hears from her clients. They are all stressed at the moment! (And of course the diets take a knock!)

The only way I know how to take control of the end-of-year madness is to make lists. Prioritize the important stuff and what needs to be done! It helps you feel more in control. I always enjoy Marcia's Instagram lists on Organising Queen. Check out her 3 Kinds of lists for your bullet journal. She is by far the List Queen!


5 Lists to take control for the Holiday Season


1. The Stay-cation Wish-List/ The Holiday Wish-List


We are not going away this year, but we still want to feel like we had a break. I am busy compiling a list of all the places we want to visit in our city. Most of the places we always wanted to go, but never have! We are doing a vacation in our own city this year!

2. Gift list


We have two birthdays and of course Christmas is coming up. It helps to make lists of presents that need to be bought.It also helps to not overspend, as we are going to search for exact presents and not too much!

3. Necessities that needs to be bought


I am making a list of necessities that needs to be bought for next year. There are the school deposits, school clothes and the Cadii (school case that's extremely expensive) that Little Miss has been nagging about for years!  (Heavily depended on a bonus that is supposed to come through. Or else this will have to wait!)

4. Health and exercise


I am making a list of all the healthy food that we will be eating. (It will be part of the grocery list for the holidays). I am also making a list of exercise goals. I have to fit in daily exercise during the month of  December. (Of course I am going to exercise!)

5. Christmas lunches

 

We have two Christmas lunches coming up for both families, and we have to start making lists of what each will be contributing. 


6. Things that needs to be done at home

 


 I need to do some of the stuff that I usually do not get time for as a working mom. I need to sort my cupboards, throw out old clothes and old stuff!

 

Are there any other lists I should be making?

2 comments:

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs