The Working Mothers Expo. I have tried to order online before, but without success, and was super excited to find it at the Expo. The initial expense of R485 (35.92 USD) each is a bit steep, but it pays itself off within two to three months!
We have been using it for a couple of months now, and we would never go back! In the beginning it feels a bit awkward and you feel you should be checking on it, but it is not necessary at all. It stays put for a whole day. I wish I had found it earlier on in my life.
There are only advantages in using a menstrual cup. My twenty-something daughter enjoys the freedom of it just as much!
Advantages of using a menstrual cup:
- It's cheap and economical. You don't have to buy sanitary products ever again! (In a girl's lifetime it is only necessary to purchase 4 of these)
- It's easy to use. The instructions are easy to follow!
- It's clean. There are less spills than with ordinary sanitary products! (I was most scared of this issue, but we don't bleed as much as we think! ;-))
- It is super comfortable and you don't feel it. You can do whatever sports or swimming and there are no issues!
- There are no wastage afterwards as when you use sanitary products. Think about the environment who is so much better off!
- It is made of 100% medical grade silicone, which means less cramps and period pain.
- There are no dryness and itchiness!
- You can insert it before work, and only empty it when you get home. (There is no need to remove it when urinating or having a bowel movement.)
- It's easy to clean, and put it in it's pouch for next time.
- It's easy to put it in your suitcase when traveling. It does not take up space, and can be used anywhere.
I wish we could get this to all women struggling to get their hands on sanitary products every month! This is a real lifesaver!
I got my menstrual cup, namely Mooncup, from Maria at Butterfly Wings at the Expo.
Order online here: Mooncup
I'm sure all of the menstrual cups work on the same principle!
I can highly recommend it!
(Good deed of day! *Tick*)