Little Missy still gets her furious tantrums, and after
A work in progress, of course...
Most of the times she gets upset about the most illogical stuff (or so we think), but in Her World it is Big AND Logical!
(Or else, it wouldn't have warrant such an explosion, would it?)
1. Waking up in the afternoons. This can sometimes take more than a hour to calm her down. (See photo above)
2. Pitching up "too early" at Pre-Primary in the afternoons. She still wanted to play! (When it is the normal four o'clock pick-up time)
3. Not bringing a "surprise" when I go to pick her up.
4. Not turning on the children's programmes on television.
5. Wanting to turn off the children's programmes on television. (After we have said she could only watch for a fixed amount of time!)
6. Not dressed in the "right" clothes for the day!
7. She wants a sweet/ice-cream/lollipop at the shops. Protesting in the car, or in the shops!
8. Her friend hurt her feelings ("my hartjie seergemaak"), but only switching on the waterworks when we arrive at school.
9. Getting upset about a small hot chocolate in the coffee shop. It should have been a big cup like ours!
10. Screaming loudly when you try to distract her. She is not stupid! She knows what you are trying to do!
11. Not being kissed by Mom or Dad just before pulling out of the drive-way!
12. Having to leave too early at the Grandparents.
13. Breakfast in the car should not have been porridge/egg/fruit, but the other thing she had eaten the day before.
14. We are not allowed to sing with her! Period!
15. We are not allowed to interrupt her thought stream when she is talking to us!
16. We are not allowed to talk for too long in the car. She wants her turn as well!
What upsets your toddler or preschooler?