Friday 13 July 2012

The extra set of eyes


The Toddler is fascinated with the contact lenses, especially when I tell her I have to go and put in my eyes, or take out my eyes...

She loves looking at me doing it, and looking at the hard contact lens in the palm of my hand.

It's a concept that's not easy to grasp, and I try to tell her it is like having a small set of glasses on my eyes...

The contact lenses are a daily reminded to me of how grateful I still am of still having my eyes.
Even though I do not have perfect vision (far from it), I can still function and do all the "normal" stuff. Like driving and working on computers and reading...

The contact lenses can become very uncomfortable, especially since it's hard contact lenses!
When something falls in the eye, even the smallest of a dust speck, it feel like an enormous rock! It also becomes quite dry, and sometimes I have to put in eye drops...

Yesterday was one of those dry eye days, and even after the eye drops, my eyes were still blurry.
I tried taking out one of the contact lenses, and the next moment there was nothing. Not a contact lens in my eye, nor a contact lens in my hand!
As I was sitting at my desk at work, I froze to limit the range of where the contact lens would land.
These small lenses are not easy to spot when not on the eye!
Especially since I now only had one functioning eye to search with...

(I have many years of experience of searching for contact lenses that's gone missing! It is usually not very successful!)

I sat there frozen, and checking my eyebrows, my clothes, my work space...

The telephone rang, and I told Hubby my lens was missing. He usually just sighs because it drives him crazy.

As I was searching, I suddenly noticed that my vision had improved again.
The contact lens was still on my eye.

Imagine when I told my husband that I found the contact lens.
On my eye!

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, that's funny! If all goes to plan I will have to get a 5 or 6 year old L to function with one contact lens. I am totally scared

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs