Thursday 17 October 2019

Jesse & the Thinkers, by Ken John - Book review

Kindle book, Jesse & The Thinkers
Jesse & the Thinkers (Jesse & Jake Book 1)
I love it when a book aligns with my understanding of the world: Thoughts create your reality is the main message that permeates in Jesse en the Thinkers, by Ken John.

I would love for my daughter to read it. I will wait two years, until she is 12,13 to introduce it to her. It is a fantastical ride into a world of dreams, but with believable characters whom we all can identify with. The Outsider is always the one who saves the world in the end? The positive message of your thoughts that creates your world, and the way you see and experience the world, is totally depended on the self! How I would love for my "half-empty-cup"daughter to know that she can change that! So much!

My GoodReads review follows below.




Jesse and the Thinkers (Jesse Winkler - Book Series 1)Jesse and the Thinkers by Kenan John
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I got a copy of the book from the author in exchange for a review.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I am not sure that it should only be classified as children's literature, although the characters are young and still at school. The imaginative and positive message of this book will speak to young and old.
The quirky, outsider character of Jesse speaks to us all. He thinks and do differently than the rest, but he has a friend, and the friend's father, who understands him. What more can you wish for? And then they have a whole new reality and adventure through a gateway into Thinkland.
My daughter of 10 and I was listening, but she stopped. That's why I think it is for an older age group. 12 years - 100 years, because the message is profound. I would love for her to read the book at a later stage. I would love for her to learn how powerful our minds can be, and how we can impact our own lives with our thoughts. Also to learn to see life in a more colourful and positive way... I will keep this book for her!

Ken John says that he wrote the book after a near-death experience. That perhaps explains the "paradise" of a place like Thinkland? (I would love to see it in a movie! I hope somebody turns the text into a movie!)

Thoughts create your reality! There were so many wonderful quotes in this book:
"Daydreaming rejuvenates the mind and increases creativity. Children who daydream are the future inventors, poets, and entrepreneurs of this world."
"You have to stretch the very fabric of your imagination and then just do it."
"Mother, how many times have I told you that you cannot wish luck on somebody, they have to create it for themselves"...

The story-line and adventures are fantastical, but it adds to the allure of this book. Thoughts are the most powerful, a message that I totally believes. Thank you, Ken John, for taking us on the ride!

I give this book 4.5 out of 5. I can't wait to read the next book after this one!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs