Monday 22 October 2018

The best butternut fritters recipe

Pumpkin fritters on plate
Butternut fritters
The most tasty butternut fritters ever! I have found it! There is something about the taste of a sweet accompaniment to a Sunday meal that makes us salivate every time. That something is butternut fritters. I always tried to replicate it, but up until now my Kook en Geniet (the original Afrikaans food recipe book) did not have the best recipe. And I failed to successfully make it try after try. (Maybe it's just me?)

I found My Gran's Pumpkin Fritters / Pampoenkoekies recipe while searching yet again for that elusive perfect recipe.

This one worked. Of course I swapped a few things, but this recipe is a keeper. I did not make the sauce, as I wanted the fritters for the main meal, and not a dessert. Check out the original one for the sauce and if you want to make dessert.

Butternut Fritters


 (For a family of 6)

Ingredients

• 3 cups butternut cooked and slightly mashed, but not too much
• 3 cups flour
• 6 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 tablespoons icing sugar 
• 3 eggs
• ¾ cup milk
• pinch of salt
• oil for deep frying


Instructions

1. Combine all the ingredients and mix until you have a batter. There must still be a bit of butternut visible, not totally pureed.

2. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and fry spoonfuls of the batter until golden brown and cooked throughout, approximately 2-3 minutes.

3. Remove from the oil and allow to drain on kitchen paper.

4. Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon and sugar on top of the fritters.

5. Serve with your main meal.


They are delicious. They are even better today in our lunchboxes.
I am sure the sauce from the original recipe is great. Let me know when you make it?
I will also make this one again!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try this . Sounds yummy :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs