It's no secret that we are huge Star Wars fans, and that we usually can't wait for a new movie release or anything that's got to do with the Star Wars Empire. Solo: A Star Wars Story is releasing on 25 May, and tickets sales are open. Happy dance!!Friday the 4th!#MayThe4BeWithYou#MayTheFourthBeWithYou#MayTheForceBeWithYouAlways#StarWarsDayCelebrations#PrincessLeiaOrgana#YodaStarWars #StarWarsNotebook #DisneyAfrica https://t.co/8tNNLkokie pic.twitter.com/dUSIeHTrKq— Karen du Toit (@karentoittoit) May 4, 2018
Today is Star Wars Day, and here's a few pointers on how to celebrate. (Thanks to Disney Africa who supplied these awesome ideas in my inbox)
Ten Ways to celebrate Star Wars Day
2. You know that First Order symbol tattoo you’ve been thinking about getting? Today’s the day.
3. Dressing up is important, and May the 4th is no different. Wearing anything from your favorite Star Wars shirt to full-on Stormtrooper gear is completely acceptable. (Your pets are not excluded.)
4. Have a Star Wars movie marathon with friends and family!
5. Food is an essential part of any holiday. Treat your school or work friends to a fresh batch of Wookiee Cookies or Death Star Cake Pops. Recipes on StarWars.com!
6. Are you a gamer? Hop online with your friends via Star Wars Battlefront or invite them over for some classic board game action!
7. Feel the Force with Star Wars crafts: turn clay into an awesome Star Wars keepsake! Learn how to
make Clay Yoda, Star Wars Bookmark, and more at StarWars.com!
8. Why not go to Disneyland or Disney World and ride Star Tours? (I wish!)
9. As Yoda said, “Pass on what you have learned.” Introduce a younger sibling, family member, or friend to Star Wars!
10. Do you have any Star Wars toys that you don’t need any more? Donate them and make May the 4th really memorable for children in need. (This will be a difficult one for me, as I am hoarding our Star Wars paraphernalia.)
There is also the following initiative that you can start doing today. Roar for Change!
Roar for Change!— Karen du Toit (@karentoittoit) May 4, 2018
A global challenge in support of @UNICEF
Use hashtag #RoarForChange from 3 - 25 May and Star Wars: Force for Change US will donate $1 to UNICEF#StarWarsDay#MayTheFourthBeWithYou pic.twitter.com/jPdxMRkopv
Roar for Change
Lucasfilm and Star Wars: Force for Change have announced Roar For Change, a global challenge in support of UNICEF. The initiative invites fans and families to share their own version of Chewbacca’s iconic roar. For each public post, like, or share on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter that includes #RoarForChange between May 3 - 25, 2018, Star Wars: Force for Change U.S. will donate $1 to UNICEF, up to $1 million. Funds will be used to support UNICEF’s lifesaving work for children around the world.
How are you celebrating Star Wars Day?
May The Force Be With You!