The first give-away for the OT Toy give voucher at Toy Kingdom ends tonight at midnight on the blog! Make sure you get your vote in!
Toy Kingdom is running an OT Campaign, and as part of the campaign they are launching OT Workshops in some of their shops. Check out Toys that Teach Workshop in Sandton City on Thursday 12H00-14H00 and RSVP as soon as possible as space is limited!!
Parents of children who are identified with development issues, do not always know what they can do to help. It is my view that all children need some help in one area or another of development, and it does not hurt to have toys that help children to participate successfully in their environment.
The workshop, which will be hosted by OT therapist, Stefanie Kruger, will focus on the following:
- Definition of OT and when or if to take your child for an assessment?
- Why is there an increased need for OT today? (Electronics, schooling, etc?)
- Which skills need to be mastered in early development, and what are the consequences later in life if the development did not take place?
- How to choose educational and traditional toys that help in assisting with development?
- How to balance between screen time and traditional play and when it interferes with development?