Monday, 11 June 2012
Life lessons while studying
The Student has learnt a couple of valuable lessons while studying.
In our era of Google, Wikipedia and cut & paste it is a valuable lesson for all Students. Of. Life.
I always try to believe the best of people, and usually expect the best from somebody else.
I also believe that the way we expect them to be is the way that they will show up in our lives!
She lent in good faith her memory stick to a fellow student, and had her work copied by two others. Work that she had put much effort in.
In the end she had to go and lay a complaint, and had to face "stories" and bad vibes going round.
She also got the same marks for her assignment which the other two got. So her marks were compromised!
Her memory stick were also stolen after that!
The lessons that she has learnt:
- Never give your intellectual property to somebody else to copy. Help them with ideas, but never give the whole document.
- Keep your memory stick in a safe place. Always!!
- Do not lose your trust in other people, but do not make it easy on them to violate it!
- Do not let yourself lose your focus on achieving your goal, specifically to get an education!
- Work hard to play hard, in that consecutive order.
- The Truth always prevails!
Best wishes for the exams, my girl!
I know it will go well!