Tuesday, 15 January 2013
What is some of the craziest parenting advice you ever received?
(Question from “For my children, a mother’s journal of memories, wishes and wisdom” – compiled by Dionna Ford of Code Name Mama)
The first four points are mine:
1. To stop breastfeeding before baby is able to talk. (Still breastfeeding at four years.)
2. To not spoil my baby by picking her up when she cries.
3. To start solids with rice cereal. (Which I did, regrettably!)
4. To not read any parenting magazines or information. So as not to be overwhelmed by all the information out there, and/or to get an inferior attitude with regards own parenting.
5. To not let your children sleep in your bed. (Added by Hubby!)
Did you receive any crazy advice?
For my children - a keepsake