Instax Square SQ1
FUJIFILM South Africa launched the Instax SQUARE SQ1 instant camera in October 2020, which is a welcome addition for fans of instant square film. FUJIFILM designed the SQ1 to make photography as user-friendly as possible, with new Automatic Exposure and One-Touch Selfie Mode features.
We got a Terracotta Orange Instax SQ1 instant camera to review for two weeks. We kept it a bit longer to cover Valentine's weekend, as it seemed like the perfect companion for our special Instax Valentine's plans. The instant memories added an extra special touch to special times.
|Special Valentine's Day with Instax Square SQ1|
See what features we like, and why we think it is the perfect accessory for a selfie creative...
INSTAX SQUARE SQ1 FEATURES THAT GETS A THUMBS-UP
|Instax Square SQ1|
Cool features of the Instax Square SQ1
- The modern square style of the design makes it a trendy must-have accessory.
- The camera weighs only 390g (without battery, strap, and film pack). Although it's bulky, it does not make your bag that much heaver. (Go and check out the carry cases available. It seems you have to add that to your purchase. 😍👌)
- To keep the slim design, the Instax SQUARE SQ1 body (57.5 mm) extends with the lens outwards when switched on. The optical viewfinder is used to compose images.
- An instant once-only press of the shutter automatically feeds out the film, taking 90 seconds to develop.
- Automatic Exposure:
This function automatically senses the level of ambient light when the shutter button is pressed, and optimises the shutter speed and flash output according to lighting conditions. It allows those who are new to instant photography to take photos that are automatically properly exposed regardless of conditions, producing clearer and more vibrant instant prints on the spot.
- One-Touch Selfie Mode: (The best feature on this camera!)
Along with its built-in selfie mirror, instax SQUARE SQ1’s One-Touch Selfie mode is designed specifically for selfies and close-up shots. Users activate this mode by simply rotating the lens from ‘On’ to ‘Selfie’ mode.
This sets the best focus and exposure for the shot by changing the position of the lens when activated. Selfies can be framed using the selfie mirror on the front of the lens.
- The Fujifilm Instax Square SQ1 retails for approximately R1999 in South Africa.
FEATURES THAT ARE NOT SO COOL - INSTAX SQUARE SQ1
For more information, please visit Instax Square SQ1