The INSTAX SQ20 can now print from video for amazing instant photos.We love everything about Instax cameras. There is nothing as satisfying as getting a printed photo immediately. We have an Instax Mini 9 camera that we were gifted a while ago, so we have been playing with it for a while. The Instax SQ 20 is everything you would expect from the Instax experience, but so much more. You are able to edit, filter and select frames from videos. It is Instax on steroids. Trust me, you would love this in your gift bag for Christmas or a birthday!
|Instax SQ20 (Image courtesy Fujifilm)|
|Looking good with the Instax SQ20|
Features that makes the Instax Square SQ20 hybrid instant camera so desirable- Photos can be printed instantly! (That's still the best feature of the Instax instant cameras)
- The Best: You can select your favourites which is stored on a microSD™ card and edit it with various filters before pressing the print button. The photos can also be transferred from there to your computer or smartphone.
- All photos and videos can be viewed and edited on the 6.9 cm TFT colour LCD monitor on the back of the camera.
- Motion Mode: Users can film a short video of up to 15 seconds to select the perfect frame before printing it. This is a game changer! No more taking hundreds of pictures of the dogs and kids. One video gets at least one frame that's good to go.
- The SQUARE film format provides the 1x1 aspect ratio that’s so popular on social media sites.
- The 4 X digital zooming capabilities makes landscapes as well as zoomed in portraits more successful. (Of course, more zooming capabilities are always welcomed.)
- There is a selfie mirror in the front.
- There are a left and a right shutter button on the device, which make front or back facing photo taking very easy.
- The Filters options are a great feature of the Instax SQ20:
- The Time Shift Collage can take four images in quick succession by pushing the shutter button only once.
- The Sequence filter adds an interesting motion blur to images for either a dynamic effect or as a dreamlike motion to express emotion.
- The Partial Colour filter allows the user to select a colour (red, orange, yellow, green, blue or purple) to stand out, with the rest converted to monochrome.
- There are a large number of filters to select before printing.
- Vignetting and brightness can also be adjusted on all images before printing.
Features that can be upgraded:
- The colour choices of matte black and beige is not very inspiring. Especially the black, as it also picks up fingerprints quite easily. We love the colour choices in the other ranges, and a bigger variety would be welcomed.
- The camera is a bit bulky, which makes it difficult to carry around. (The Instax camera bag helps, so it is always a good idea to add that to the purchase.)
We give the Fujifilm Instax Square SQ20 4.5/5 for all it's features!
The Fujifilm INSTAX SQUARE SQ20 camera is available from stores countrywide or online, and retails for a suggested R2 999, which includes a 16GB microSD card. FUJIFILM INSTAX SQUARE film can be purchased in packs of ten or 20, and is available in white or black frame borders. There are also different INSTAX accessories, such as photo albums or frames or handbags, to choose from.
For more information, visit Instax SQ 20
Love testing the Instax SQ20 👌🏻@instaxsa— Karen du Toit (@karentoittoit) October 21, 2019
We have it for another week...
It’s a big plus that we can play around with filters and settings before we decide on which one to print!#InstaxSQ20 #Instaxsa#OnLoanForAReview#InstaxSquare#Instax #InstaxCamera
… https://t.co/M46Cb9KbKM pic.twitter.com/GqzmhxPKt3
- Put the Instax Mini LiPlay on your wish list
- Why you would want an Instax SQ6 Square
Disclaimer: We were only given the Instax Square SQ20 for two weeks to review. We got 3 cartidges to play with.
We have an Instax Mini 9 that we were given more than a year ago. (It helped with comparison.)