Friday 3 May 2019

Winning at life by being a good professional - Great guide

Cover page of The Good Professional by Don Turner
Print screen of The Good Professional by Don Turner
I am so impressed with The Good Professional. I cannot recommend it enough! This is a great gift for any age, from high school and up. It is a gift you can give to yourself, and you will be coming back to this.

I got this book through Booktasters. I get a free copy of the book for an honest review on Goodreads and Amazon. I have read the most interesting books because of Booktasters. Check them out!

I love my work and when I reflect on it, I always feel so grateful that I enjoy the work that I do. But sometimes we need a bit of challenge to keep going, and searching for meaning in the mundane daily grind. This has given me oomph to carry on again.

This is my review on Goodreads:




The Good Professional: How to Take Control of Your Work Life, Get More Done, and Be HappierThe Good Professional: How to Take Control of Your Work Life, Get More Done, and Be Happier by Don Turner
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

GREAT book! It is serendipitous when you find a book that addresses all of your most recent issues around work, career, life and even relationships.

Just one of the early quotes: "Take the action that will lead to completion. You're just as capable as anyone else. Be brave. Take a chance. You'll be glad you did. Believe in yourself. Why not you?"

This is a book that you would want to come back to for life. It is not only about being a good professional, but also being a good human being. This is something I would prescribe to everybody while still at school, preparing for life. It would also be great to get all this sage advice studying towards a professional qualification at university/college.

I love the fact that this book is not heavenly laded with technical and academic jargon, but written in a style that's easy to comprehend. I love the anecdotes that come with each chapter.

There are 40 chapters starting from "Why not You?", "Stop seeking approval", "It's not your job" to "Critical Thinking", "Managing Others" and "It's your career". One read-through is not enough, and I will be coming back for more. You can start and read from the beginning, or choose chapters that resonate with you. The down-to-earth logical wisdom makes total sense, but sometimes we get caught up in the daily grind of work-life. I for one have found a new sense and purpose to ingest into my professional life.

This book will make a great gift to anyone!

Disclaimer: I got a pdf of this book from Don Turner via Booktasters. Thanks so much! I would not have found it if it was not for Booktasters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs