Who knew that the older you get, the less you think you know anything about this parenting journey? I even have a claim on a child we successfully managed to raise, but that doesn't guarantee anything! (You would think that I would have the know-how! Not so!)
Raising the Little M has made me realize that each of them comes with a different manual. Some of the manuals are definitely more easier to understand!
As a mom I am always thinking about what I could have done better, or different.
I wanted to compile a random list of some of the parenting woes that comes with being a parent. Who think of this when they start with their parenting journey?
5 Things you did not think about before becoming a parent
- You have to attend school meetings, revues, concerts, parenting evenings as well as hang around the school endlessly waiting for activities to end. Who knew you would go back to school?
- You not only have to get yourself out of the door in the mornings, but the little ones as well. Each successful drop-off at school with children fully clothed, with a packed school bag and a lunch box should get a medal. (How do parents with multiple children manage?) It is an accomplishment, and we should praise ourselves more for
- You worry constantly about your child when they have no friends, and also when they have friends. What can you do to help them in getting friends? What can you do when the girl politics are making her miserable?
- You are always searching for misplaced stuff that's not yours! In the house. Going back to places. At school. Maybe life is preparing us for our own later years?
- How many times have you longed for that lunch box that got sent to school that comes back intact? Those times that you have emptied your purse at the last minute and you did not make your own lunch? Too many times!
Do you have any other points I can add to this list?
Would I change any of this?
No! But it helps to get it out of the system!
Speaches - honestly I neve knew I would write so many againReplyDelete
Good one, Cat 👍🏻Delete
I think I have more problems getting Nicky in the bath than out the door in the morning. If I have to I put clothes on his half askeep body! Had a few tantrums if he hasn't had a good night's sleep! I do lunches the night before which also helps.ReplyDelete