Thursday 14 March 2019

The Darkest side of Saturn - Tony Taylor - a review

I love reading science fiction. The more we read and dream of plausible futures, the more we are prepared for it! Or maybe not? That's debatable. :-)

I got a free copy from Tony Taylor through BookTasters, the author The Darkest Side of Saturn: Odyssey of a Reluctant Prophet of Doom. Booktasters is really a great way to read good books. I have to post reviews afterwards, but it's part of the allure of reading good literature. I try to be positive, but I give my honest opinions about a book. As you will see below...



The science of space observation in this book is excellent. It is highly commendable just for this reason.

My review on Goodreads: 


The Darkest Side of Saturn: Odyssey of a Reluctant Prophet of DoomThe Darkest Side of Saturn: Odyssey of a Reluctant Prophet of Doom by Tony Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really love the beginning of The Darkest Side of Saturn. I could not wait to read about the discovering of the asteroid, the nitty-gritty of space observations and the scientific implications. Tony Taylor's vast knowledge of space and science contribute immensely to the success of this book. The science-fiction lover in me found this a totally plausible Armageddon ending (or not). Harris Mitchell and Diana Muse-Jones are well-rounded characters who follows their passion/s and their convictions. I am not really convinced that Harris Mitchell is worthy of being made a messianic savior, but the premise is made for the possibility.

I struggled to finish the book, as there are too many story-lines running off , and it distracts from the asteroid discovery and the question about earth's impending doom. The religious theme and fanaticism is a bit irritating, but I will concede that it is maybe my own perspective about religion that impacts here. The story gives us a glimpse in the religious scenario of what might happen when confronted with impending doom. It also explores fanaticism and the existential existence of man. Which gets a thumbs up from me.

This book has some of the worst sex scenes ever. Please, Tony, why are you talking about a "monster"? Maybe it is worth the read just for this?

The story gets a 4 because of the scientific knowledge about space and a doomsday scenario that's a possible future to explore.

Disclaimer: I was given a copy by the author through Booktasters on Twitter.

View all my reviews

What are you reading?
What can I read next? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs