Tuesday 21 July 2015

Skating for the first time



We only discovered the skating rink at Cradlestone Mall this last weekend. We have never introduced Little Miss to skating before this. Although she has nagged us about it. (I don't know why! I used to love to go ice-skating with my eldest.)

The skating is done on a plastic layer which made it the best way to start learning how to skate. There are no wet clothes, and it feels a bit less slippery. (Unfortunately the Skating Rink was only functioning until the 19 July.)



Next time we will be going to the real ice-rink.
Little Miss loves it!

A video posted by Karen Du Toit (@karentoittoit) on

6 comments:

  1. I have one child that sort of likes it (A) and two that really do not like ice skating. Maybe as time goes on they will like it more but I have the distinct feeling that the non love comes from the very loud music. Which I also find uncomfortable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily this area did not have as loud music as found at a skating rink. It is sad that it was only on for a certain period!

      Delete
    2. Hi at MonAgain@40. The skating rink at Cradlestone Mall has been extended, but will only be open during the weekends:

      Fri: 13:00 - 18:00
      Sat & Sun: 10:00 - 16:00

      Hope to see you there again soon!

      Delete
  2. I'm no good on skates although I love to watch figure skating. Will see when Nicky is older if he likes it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds likes nice experience. Never tried it and probably never will . Too scared to break or sprain anything

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs