|#JoziMeetUp at iStore, Sandton Drive|
|Laura-Kim le Roux|
I made some notes about the importance of your own digital profile, as well as looking after the profiles of your children as well.
Especially if you are a Mommy Blogger... We are responsible for the digital profiles of our children as well!
- Treat your own social profiles like a VIP.
- The National Prosecuting Authority has made it illegal to post naked pictures of children online.
- 3 rules to keep in mind with regards online safety. It is also a good idea to teach it to your children (Especially!!)
- 1 never talk to strangers
- Never share personal details
- Don't meet up with any strangers
- Against the law to post mean, bullying content online.
- Signs your child are being bullied
- Reluctant or refuses to go to school
- Does not want to participate in after-school activities or play with friends
- Goes to the nurse in order to avoid going to class
- Your child suddenly spends much more or much less time texting, gaming or using social-networking websites.
- After texting or being online, he or she seems withdrawn, upset or outraged
- Your child asks to have a social media or online account be shut down - Digital You
- Action steps to take
- NB save the evidence. Take a screen shot!
- Ignore contact from bully
- Block offenders
- Contact the site and report the perpetrator
- Report incident to the authorities
- Crimeline: sms 32211 or call 08600 10111
- Reminder to set up strong passwords and filters on computers.
- Sexting: If caught with a picture of a child under 16 - sexy / naked: guilty of child pornography!
- Your CV is no longer well-written CV, but what comes up online!
- Everywhere you go, there's a digital camera around.
- Know the power of a photograph and how long it can stay online.
- Think about the future of your children, and their online reputation that's already available.
- Google yourself and show online footprint.
- Positives and negatives of digital you!
- Do a digital make-over!
- Get online & let people know that you have done a digital make-over