We have become much more conscious of cleaning in these pandemic times (Covid-19 Corona Virus times). It is lock-down day 57 here in South Africa. I am spending more time when I get into the office to clean my workplace, and also my smartphone. I have also been keen to know if I am doing it right. The Cleanipedia portal has some very useful tips for cleaning, I have been spraying anti-bacterial sprays on tissues/paper towels when cleaning my electronic devices. It's not too far off the mark, but it is great to get some extra insights.
Cleanipedia has the following suggestions to clean your smartphone. See also their tips on cleaning your laptop, keyboard and other electronic devices.
HOW TO CLEAN SMARTPHONES - CLEANIPEDIA- Remember to turn your phone or tablet off before trying to clean it!
- Smartphones which are entirely touch-operated, can be cleaned by LCD screen cleaner.
- A dry lint-free cloth is great for cleaning LCD screens.
- Apply liquid screen cleaner sparingly; rather on the cloth, than directly onto the device.
- Smartphones and tablets can be more thoroughly scrubbed than a computer screen because their screens are designed to take more consistent pressure.
- Special attention should be paid to phone mouthpieces. Go over these once or twice a week with an antibacterial wipe. (I personally am trying to do it every day. I am constantly thinking about the time a radio DJ had his phone analyzed for germs. It was shocking!).
- A very handy tip for phones or tablets with keys:
"If you have a lot of dust and dirt caught in between your laptop or desktop computer keys, a handy way to reach tiny nooks is to take a normal office post-it note and slide the sticky section in the gaps around the keys. This should pick up all the trapped dirt!"
Do you have some handy tips for cleaning your electronic devices?