|Red mouth after eating sherbet|
But she is also the most moody and sulky and difficult little girl ever!
We are really having a battle of wills with a five-year old in our house. The tantrum-two's got nothing on this age! (With hindsight: It was a breeze!)
Some of the latest in the life of our preschooler:
- "Lucky!" is a word she uses quite often!
- Other children are "lucky" who share the same name! She is the only one with her name in her school. ("sigh" We thought it was a bonus!)
- Her older sister is "lucky" to go to university where her sister has lots of friends staying with her, when she is all on her own at home!
- She is hungry all the time, but not for the food on her plate. The hunger especially gets to her at 8 pm when it is bed-time and then she can't sleep before she has another bowl of All Bran flakes.
- She is growing very fast now, and all her clothes are falling of her bum, because they have disappeared. She is shooting up like a string. We had to go and buy new shoes (a number 9) last week as well, because none of the old shoes fit any more.
- She was looking forward to Gr R with so much excitement, but it turned into a bummer for the first part. The teacher is not very welcoming, and it seems like a lot of work. She is yearning back to the previous year, and tells us that she does not want to go to school. (We have booked the appointment with the teacher this week!)
- We find her happily playing with other children, and not only just with the one little girl she used to prefer to play with!
- She constantly tells me that I am fat. Not like the other mums... But that she still loves me! (Keeping me grounded! Thank you!)
- Sometimes she kisses us!
- Sometimes she doesn't want kiss us!
Do you have the same experience with 5-year old's?