Wednesday 5 October 2016

In desperate need of a holiday

Bitmoji, Empty

This year has been very short, but in terms of holidays it has been very long!
We did not have a mid-year break this year, and I am beginning to feel it!
It's still two months before December.
I cope by telling myself to take one day at a time, but it makes it feel that we are in "desperate measures"-mode!

For how long have I not yearned for that long weekend in the Cape?
To place it on my vision board and on my bucket list does not help at all!
The budget is too tight!

I know I should not complain, and that I should be grateful for everything I have!
The World with it's Wars; people fleeing their homes; children who are abandoned and fending for themselves,; #feesmustfall; dictatorships; rapes; killings; GAH...!
So much weighing in! Even though I try not to read/hear/listen too much, we are bombarded by it!
I can't ignore it either! That would be stupid!

I try to be positive, and to seek the positive in every situation!
(I know: Keep doing it!)



Little Miss
The Cat in the Hat

Little Miss has a little break from school this week, and the holiday school programme has a fun item planned for each day that keeps her entertained.

Here she is on Monday with her Cat in the Hat outfit! We got the hat on Saturday at Silverstar when we decided on a whim to go just to get out of the house.
Little Miss loved playing in the water in the Piazza area.
(We should be doing more of this!)


A photo posted by Karen Du Toit (@karentoittoit) on

I hope you are having a lovely spring break before the final stretch?
How do you cope during this time?

3 comments:

  1. When life gets you down you should just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming what do we do we swim, swim, swim. -Dory

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exhausted too. But I am going away in December. So looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs