Sunday 30 December 2018

Escape with Last Secret Chamber by Phil Philips

Cover of Last Secret Chamber book on Kindle
Last Secret Chamber
I did not read as much as I wanted this year. I will definitely change this in the new year. There's nothing as good as a book. To relax, to escape and to expand my knowledge every time.



My book for December was Last Secret Chamber by Phil Philips. It was a great read for the holidays. I love a good dose of fiction, fantasy, mystery and escapism, blended with historical fact (or fiction?). I got this book for free through BookTasters on Twitter for an honest review. It was published this year, and well worth the read. I want to read his other books as well now.

Last Secret Chamber (Joey Peruggia #2)Last Secret Chamber by Phil Philips
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book has basically been my December reading. I thoroughly enjoyed it, as it is a tour-de-force of pyramids, secret chambers and Egyptian mystery history combined with a good dose of fiction. Also a different explanation of how man came to be here. Be prepared to be surprised.

I love all the attention to detail with regards Tutankhamen's historic discovery and what happened to Queen Nefertiti. We saw the exhibition of Tutankhamen's discovery and riches when it was in South Africa on show a while back. I did not check any of the facts given in the book, but it definitely seems to be well researched. I was convinced.

I felt like a tomb raider, on discovery with the main characters in Egypt. I did not read the first book by Phil Philips - Mona Lisa's Secret - which are being referenced in this book. I did not diminish the story-line in this book, and I could jump right in in this book. (I will go read the first book now).

The characters could have been more developed, but maybe they were more multi-dimensional in the first book? I didn't care as I was reading, because I could not wait to see what was discovered with the next discovery in this book.

I give this book a thumbs up for good solid escapism, while giving me more thought-provoking questions about the origin of man.

Disclaimer: I was given a copy of this book by Phil Philips through Booktasters for an honest review. Thanks so much for the ride!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs