Disney Africa have been celebrating Mickey the True Original for about 3 months now. The campaign joins the global festivities honouring 9 decades of Mickey Mouse, his heritage, personality and status as a pop-culture icon. On 18 November 2018 it marked 90 years since Mickey's first appearance in Steamboat Willie .
Mickey has been popping up everywhere, with loads of branded products, engaging content and events that embrace Mickey’s impact on the past, present and future. We spotted this Disney Mickey tree at Menlyn Mall in Pretoria on Saturday evening.
|Disney Mickey Christmas Tree for charity at Christmas at Menlyn Mall|
“Binding generations together more than any other animated character, Mickey Mouse is the “True Original” who reminds people of all ages of the benefits of laughter, optimism and hope,” says Christine Service, Senior Vice President and Country Manager of The Walt Disney Company Africa. “With his universal appeal and ability to emotionally connect with generations all over the world, no other character quite occupies a similar space in the hearts and minds of a global fan base and we are thrilled to be sharing these local festivities.”To continue with the celebrations, Disney Africa has made available one Disney Mickey Festive Hamper for one lucky reader of this blog.
Disney Mickey Festive Giveaway
|Disney Mickey Mouse plush toy|
|Mickey Mouse Funko POP!|
One lucky reader will win a Mickey Mouse Funko POP! figurine and a Mickey Mouse 43cm plush toy. The value is R750. (Would love this myself as well! *cue green with envy*)
To be eligible to win:
- Please comment below and tell me where you have seen the Disney Mickey campaign in South Africa?
- For an extra entry, share this on social media. Tell me in a separate comment where you have shared.
Shareable link: https://ctt.ac/ZcX8G
- This competition will run for a week, until Tuesday 11 December 2018 at 12 pm. The lucky winner will be drawn via Random.org.
- This competition is only open to South African residents.
- If you have won on this blog in the previous 3 months, you will not be eligible for this competition.
Congratulations to Susann Deysel. You are the lucky winner of the Mickey Mouse Funo Pop! and Mickey Mouse plush toy. Please send me your contact details?
Thanks to Disney Africa and Entourage Media for gifting this to one lucky reader.