Thursday 6 September 2018

Miss Fine's sleep milestone

Miss Fine SnapChat filter
This blog's main purpose has been to record the life and times we have with Miss Fine. I still value coming here and reading all about her milestones, and hope one day she will still be able to come back here as well. We forget so easily. (The Internet is also like a flashing file, and hopefully we will still be able to read it here in future?)

Sleep has not been the most easy since Miss was born. We could never find the off-button, until it finally was off! She can sleep very late every day. But going to sleep, that is the problem...

The Eldest has moved all of her belongings out of her room, and we have been slowly moving Miss Fine into her room. It is a bit bigger, and across from our room. Miss Fine has been enjoying setting up her new room. She has the big Miffy (which I had won at the Kids Living launch), which got set up immediately by Miss Fine. She can switch and dim the light because it is right next to her bed.
Miffy from Mr Maria design
Miffy lighting

Guess what? This week she has gone to bed with a book, and all by herself. It is her decision. We used to take turns to lie next to her until she falls asleep. I know, she's nearly 10. (It took that long.) We are celebrating our "free time" from 8 - 9 pm at night. But it is also sad. The nightly cuddles and talks have come to an end. A milestone has been reached, and an era is gone.

We, the parents, don't know what we want.
"sigh"
"Yeah!"

Happy sleeping, Miss Fine! I know I am going to miss this.       

3 comments:

  1. I think we'll be sitting there at that age as well. Although Nicky can do it, he doesn't want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it all too well! It's nice to get some time back each evening, but I am missing it already! Savour it for as long as it lasts!

      Delete
  2. Major milestone!!!!! We got there earlier but there was a time I thought my child would never be able to go sleep without me lying next to her!! Here’s to many more milestones

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs