On this Monday I am grateful for this blog.
I have been contemplating what to do about this specific blog and if I should continue blogging here. I was thinking that I reach another horrifying milestone in age (guess what?) this year, and that the blog title would not fit anymore. Little Miss is also older, and would not appreciate me sharing about her life so much!
At this stage I still love blogging, and I still love this little space on the Inter-webs.
I am grateful about the MomAgain@40 blog:
- I have a journal of our life with our family and the new addition who added so much more colour to our lives! I would have forgotten so many good times, experiences and anecdotes of Little Miss growing up if it were not for this space.
- I have met many great fellow bloggers and parenting bloggers who taught me so much on my own parenting journey. If I needed advice, it always came through on this blog.
- Little Miss had a few challenges at her first week at a new school. I got a call from a fellow Mom blogger who arranged a play date on Friday afternoon. Not only did Little Miss met a fellow school pupil at her new school whom she could play with at school, but I also have a fellow Mom to help me navigate the new school! Thank you, Louisa, it means so much to us!
- I get to attend some great events, such as Hoener met die Rooi Skoene Premiere, through this little blog.
- I get to test new apps and sometimes gadgets which I would not have known were it not for this blog.
- I still use Blogger, and it has been a most stable platform for years! I have not had any issues. It's also free! (FREE!)
- This blog has taught me so much (social media, technical), and has broaden my horizons and my connections!
For now I am thankful for this Blog! The title will still cover me for a few years to come. I am a mother who had her second child over the age of forty! I am an older mother! That won't change!
This year I will look at how I share about Little Miss, but this blog is still intrinsically about how she came to change our lives. And how parenting has changed globally, and has changed us!
Why are you still blogging?