|On the dirt road to Hartbeesfontein|
Little Missy had a blast this past weekend.
She told us that she could have stayed camping with the Voortrekkers until she is a grandmother herself! She also wished that her friends could have experienced the same!
Some of the photos:
She told her dad today that the best thing of the weekend was the jungle gym in front of their sleeping quarters!
|Beautiful sunsets and sunrises!|
|No problem in getting them to eat this whole weekend|
|Learning how to make popcorn on the fire|
|Popcorn on the fire|
|A forest creation from dough and leaves|
|A number of these|
|In concert - the Grade R Suikerbekkies|
("I was so shy, Mom!")
|A last key ring creation|
|Lots of tree climbing, and rescuing|
Some of the things the Moms and Dads had to do this weekend: (For future reference, of course)
- Camping in the cold and dust.
- Hanging around children who tells you that you are not needed! You can go!
- Doing camp duties such as a night walk with the children, or a 12 - 2 am security watch. (Although I have a strong suspicion that the dads enjoyed the standing-around-the-camp-fire-with-wine-stories!)
- Standing to attention 6 times and singing the National Anthem.
- Being woken by Afrikaans songs being played over loudspeakers at 6 am on Saturday and 6:30 on Sunday.
- Having to remind the little ones they need to go to the toilet, or brush their teeth, or change clothes! (Not a priority in their lives!)
- Having to do a dust load of washing after the weekend.
- Having to contend with very exhausted children on Sunday night.
Yes, the things we do for our children!