Tuesday 13 August 2013

See you on the next plane!

My travel vision board

I have a vision board on my computer about the places I want to go. It has been there since the start of 2012. It is mostly local South African places, not even overseas destinations…
(Maybe that is the problem?)

In my future vision I am going to Mozambique to swim with the dolphins.

I am going to Cape Town to eat fish at the Waterfront and at all the Bays. I am going to travel on all the wine routes, and taste wine and champagne and wine and champagne. (I have done a little bit of it, but it is something to do on a regular basis! Tick!)

I am going to the Drakensberg Mountains, and climb a few of those chain ladders again. (I have done it before. Tick!)

I am going to spend lazy afternoons on the beach at the Dolphin Coast in Kwazulu-Natal. (I have been there, this year at Umdloti, but it is still one of my favourite local destinations for a great family holiday! Tick!)

Up until now I have been doing vicarious travels to overseas destinations through the pages of books. And magazines. And blogs. And Facebook.
I have been sharing in the glorious travels of family and friends.
I have been soaking in the sun from pages glaring from destinations from white beaches and aquamarine water and mountains touching the clouds and open bush spaces littered with roaming wild life, and bustling skyscrapers and churches and castles bursting with history.

But I haven’t been there myself…

I wish that I could say that it is enough to have quelled my travel-lust, but of course we all know that it does not work like that!
Instead it fuels the desire to board the next plane to an exotic destination with an exotic name that needs to be Googled when you hear it first!
I want to go “there”!

I realize I desperately need to upgrade my vision board, and what a better way than to start today with this kick-in-the butt inspiration from the Travelstart Blogger Experience Contest being run.


Thumbs! 
See you on the next plane!

6 comments:

  1. Can't believe we are not on your board!! Put up Provence and the Cote-de Azur!!
    And remember to set a date on your calendar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am working on it! Londen is on my updated list!

      Delete
    2. Great to hear!! You have to take the opportunity of a lifetime in the lifetime of the opportunity.

      Delete
  2. Imagination is a powerful thing, it can take you to places you dream of going. Don't stop imagining, it might just come true one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few destinations on my list. A cruise of the Greek Islands and a road trip through America being only two of them. Hopefully soon I will be able to tick the first one off.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs