Tuesday 8 March 2022

Year 3 in a pandemic


Bitmoji You Go Girl!
You go, Girl!

Pandemic Year 3: Even now, we regularly forget our masks when running out of the house. Most of the times we have a back-up in the car or a bag. I told my youngest today that she will be telling her children about the pandemic she lived though one day. She told me not to worry, she is not planning to have any children... Okay! 😆 

So, I have to put down some memories for future generations. 😉

The husband had Covid in December. Part of the fourth wave. He had his jabs, so it was very mild. The worst was the inconvenience, and having to cancel plans and isolate. I tested negative in the same time, even while colleagues also tested positive. The inconvenience is the worst! We were lucky that we were all fine. 

The eldest is pregnant with her first girl, and we are all very excited! These are stressful times to have a baby. But, also very precious. She lost her first baby through miscarriage, and now we are even more excited (and scared) to meet this rainbow girl. She is much-loved already. Grandmother mode is loading! 

Also just for keep-sakes: We thought  and said it was a girl before my daughter got confirmation, and we were right! 👶

Schools are back, and Miss Fine has been slowly but surely getting used to High School. The teen phase is tough. For her! And for us! 😖 They have been back in class full-time, and full classes since the beginning of the year. The parents are also invited to meetings, and except for masks that dangle underneath our chins (the heat and suffocating), everything is going ahead full-steam. 😏

I am walking around with a constant fear of the sky falling on my head. I think most people feel like this, as the pandemic, and recent world events are taking a toll... One day I will laugh at this, but today I do not feel like laughing. But I will continue to search for joy each day!

How is 2022 treating you?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry that your husband had Covid and it affected things so badly. I think everyone knows someone who had Covid over that time and it messed up their Christmas plans! Good luck with the baby plans :)
    I am doing ok, apart from having to wait a week for my pay due to the Russian invasion...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs