Friday 18 August 2017

Women in Business - Empowering stories for Women's Month

Mandy Blignaut

The Financial Mail Private Lounge at Emperor's Palace, in association with Nu Skin, had a conference two weeks back in celebration of Women's Month. The theme was Women in Business. It was extremely inspiring to hear the success stories of female entrepreneurs. I was sitting with so many vivacious inspiring ladies who are doing it for themselves!

There is no reason why you can't become your own boss!
There is no reason you can't have the lifestyle you desire! (You see! The talk rubbed off on me! ;-) )

Check out Nu Skin if you want to do it for yourself, if you have lost your job, or if you want a more flexible arrangement when you have kids. It seems it is possible to get it all! Nu Skin is an international company who provides all the backup for entrepreneurs. It does not seem like it's easy, but it is definitely possible!


I met Mandy Blignaut and asked her to answer a few of my questions. She has a Facebook Group The Velvet Vault where she drives her business from.


Questions to a Female Entrepreneur: Mandy Blignaut


1. Mandy, please tell us about yourself?

My name is Mandy Blignaut, I am 36 years old and I live in Boksburg Gauteng.
I studied Jewellery Design and Manufacture, and qualified in 2004.
I am a people person, and love helping other people see their potential and passing on knowledge.
I am very creative and have a passion for design.

2. Mandy, how did you get involved with NuSkin?

I got involved with Nu Skin when I responded to an advertisement I had seen on Facebook

3. How did the company impact your life?

The company has impacted my life in quite a few different ways. The two most prominent ones are that I was able to leave my full time job as a sales executive in the travel industry, still earning an income, and being available for my family when needed, as my Step Father is rather ill with Alzheimers Disease.

4. Do you get opportunities to empower and up-skill yourself in the company?

I absolutely do get these opportunities. We have free online training daily, from various uplines in the business from all over the world and who are very successful. They train us on various things, for example; product information, approach to sales, and team building.

5. Do you have a successful business?

I do indeed have a successful business!

6. Do you have any advice to women who are thinking of starting their own business?

Take action on opportunities that are handed to you, because you may never have an opportunity like the one that you are faced with right now.
Work hard...Everything in life is hard work, but stay focused and dedicate your time to your business, it is your baby.
Make sure you know why you are going to do this...what is your long term goal...KNOW YOUR WHY.
Don't allow other people's opinions affect you too much. People are going to judge you and talk about you, that is not your business.
Negativity is absolutely NOT allowed. You cannot be affected by negativity from others if you don't allow it, and only you can make that decision.
Take action as soon as you possibly can.
All you have to do is take that 1 step that will lead you to the next, and the next.
Be consistent and honest, not only with yourself but with your clients/audience.
Always have gratitude, and give back to others, don't get greedy the money will follow.
And lastly - LOVE YOURSELF TOO.


Thank you very much, Mandy. I love your positive attitude, and I LOVE your advice! (I can put each of your points on a separate motivational card!)


Disclaimer: I was not paid to write this article, but this seems like a good venture for women who want to start their own businesses. Let me know when you try it?


Related post: Pamper yourself this Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs