Wednesday 12 July 2017

Mom and daughter week

Little Miss
Winter holiday picnic
Little Miss has a three week holiday break. It's a very long break for a little girl who still has to go to school. It is Vacation School, but still... It's at school!

Mom guilt took over, and I decided to take a week (this week) with her! The plan is to relax and sleep late. We are doing it!

Things escalate each day, because she gets me to do more than I think we/I should! Yesterday I promised her a picnic, and soon we were buying sushi at Spar and going to the Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens. (I was thinking of having a picnic at home...  Real mom rubber arms, it seems!)

Little Miss packed our picnic basket, and of course I had to carry a heavy basket, instead of the back-bag that I suggested to her. (Why do I do this to myself? Rhetorical question, of course!)

But I was glad we went. It's lovely in the gardens this time of the year. The succulents are in full bloom, the waterfall is full and the eagles are flying overhead.


Sushi picnic - Mom win!

I was also instructed to pack away my cellphone in my bag!
(Mom fail! Sorry, Miss, I still wanted to take the picture.) It is lovely spending time with you, and I want to remember it!


What are you doing these holidays with the little ones?

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with this "long vaction school break" - mom guilt - I'll be taking next week off and spent 1 hour per day this last week just walking at our local park...you know,a change of scenery xx Tanya (from Thingstodowithkids)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs